Hello ladies! We’re going to have to think of a nickname for the followers of this blog, any ideas? Yes, I said it! I have followers already! I cannot express to you all the joy I felt when I saw the emails in my inbox, email@example.com, stating that I had new followers to my blog. Thank you to those who decided to follow; I am beyond excited to begin this journey with you all. On a side note, I am still learning how to use WordPress, and any tips and tricks would be helpful. Keeping that in mind, my background theme for the blog may change until I find the right fit.
On to the Liebster Award, I am honored to say I’ve received a nomination for the Liebster Award. From what I understand, it’s pretty much a way to connect with new blogs and make new friends. So I thought, why not? Thanks to Sydney from http://sydneydee18.wordpress.com/ for nominating me, go check out her blog!
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you;
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you;
3. You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
4. You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions;
5. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you;
6. You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
Sydney’s 11 questions:
1. What facial feature do you like playing up the most? I love playing up the eyes. I’m in love with eyeliner! I believe the eyes are what captures a person during a first encounter.
2. When, why, and how did you start blogging? I just started blogging a few days ago. It finally clicked to me that I should start a beauty blog, since I spend my free time either glued to beauty channels on Youtube, or exploring the beauty aisles of Target and other cosmetic stores. I did a lot of research about how to start a blog and what platform to use, but I still have so much to learn.
3. Who are the bloggers/vloggers you look up to? I religiously watch Itsjudytime, Michelle Phan, Shaaanxo and CoffeebreakwithDani! They are amazing and inspirational women, each with a unique and awesome story of their own. The best part is that now they share their stories with their subscribers!
4. What’s your ideal vacation/getaway? My ideal getaway would be to Europe! I went once after my high school graduation and I fell in love with it. I cannot wait for the next opportunity I get to travel there again.
5. Do you like the beach? Yes, I do. Specifically, I like quiet beaches. I think that the sounds of the waves crashing down on the shore and shore birds flying in the air, all complemented with a nice breeze, sounds so relaxing!
6. Have you been to the Philippines? No I have not, but I’ve heard it’s beautiful there.
7. What comprise your everyday makeup routine? For my everyday routine, I usually stick with very simple makeup. I start with moisturizer, then concealer, light coverage foundation, bold eyeliner, bronzer and chapstick.
8. What kind of music do you like best? I would say my favorite genre would include a mixture of pop and RnB.
9. What was the first makeup product you picked up? The lipstick in my Mom’s makeup drawer, and tinted moisturizer (too dark tinted moisturizer!). That day was a mess; I was multiple shades darker than my natural skin tone.
10. Do you think you’re pursuing what you were made to do? I am pursuing medicine at the moment. As far as your question, who really knows what they were meant for? All that matters is happiness at the end of the day, and being surrounded by people you love.
11. What’s your favorite skin care product? My favorite skincare product is Olay’s Complete All Day UV Moisturizer with SPF 15 for sensitive skin. I wouldn’t consider my skin very sensitive, but I like that the sensitive one is fragrance free and slightly thinner
My 11 fun facts:
1. I am an only child. I grew up wanting a sibling, but now I consider my friends my siblings.
2. I played viola throughout middle and high school.
3. I play piano by ear, meaning I cannot read sheet music. I’m not the best at it though!
4. I LOVE sleep. I could sleep all day if I wanted to!
5. I used to be terrified of dogs, but now it’s the complete opposite.
6. I used to have an African Grey parrot, and she would talk all day! Coolest pet ever!
7. I’m not afraid of snakes. I think they’re pretty cool as long as they don’t attack me.
8. I love listening to Disney instrumentals during exam/ finals weeks.
9. My favorite fruit is mango. I’ve been craving the fresh mango juice I had in the Dominican Republic since March!
10. I’m currently studying for the MCAT and I am TERRIFIED!
11. My secret dream job is to work for a makeup company and design their color palettes or test their products for quality.
My 11 questions:
1. Who are your favorite beauty bloggers/vloggers?
2. What is your favorite lipstick color?
3. Do you do at-home manicures more often or go to the salon?
4. What beauty category do you feel that you would like to improve on? (For example: hair, skincare, makeup, even fitness!)
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. What made you decide to start a blog?
7. What is your dream career?
8. Tell me the craziest fact or story about yourself.
9. Have you ever been in love?
10. If you could only choose one, which would you choose? True love or Career Success
My 11 nominees:
1. Bellenoi Beauty @ http://bellonoibeauty.com
2. Chester Likes Things @ http://lizzylikesthings.com
3. The Almost MD @ http://thealmostmd.wordpress.com
4. Reifylove @ http://reifylove.wordpress.com
5. Etta’s Threads @ http://ettasthreads.wordpress.com
6. Fired Up Beauty @ http://firedupbeauty.wordpress.com
7. ButterMilk @http://buttermilkhedgehog.wordpress.com
8. Natasha Sofia @ http://natashasofia.com
9. Beauty by Jackie @ https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/59726752/
10. Jazzyblog @ http://jasminejones96.wordpress.com
11. Vickisbeauty @ http://vickisbeauty.wordpress.com